The Roosevelt PTSA is a nationally recognized 501(C)(3) not-for-profit organization. The PTA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families. We thrive to create a community that advocates for all children. Our main goal is to partner with Roosevelt’s parents, teachers, administrators and community to enrich our students’ home life, enhance school experience, encourage life-long learning and develop well-rounded leaders.
The National PTA's mission is to advocate for every child by engaging and empowering our families, teachers, schools and community.
How do we make a difference?
• Partner with schools and local organizations to host educational presentations on topics such as Common Core, Title 1, health and wellness, community initiatives and financial literacy.
• Organize meetings to keep parents informed and give them a platform to speak out.
• Coordinate book fairs, picture days, Miss Chocolate Fundraisers, and holiday boutiques.
• Provide funds for student scholarships, student and teacher appreciation initiatives, field days, moving up ceremonies and other
• Organize an annual Thanksgiving food drive and winter coat give away to support families in need.
• Sponsored the Got it Goin On girl’s
• Lobbied against the State take-over of the Middle School
• Engage parents to participate in the Annual Toys for Tots Pre-Christmas Toy Drive and Breast Cancer Awareness Walk.
• Participate in community and school-based committees.