Now, more than ever, the Roosevelt PTSA needs more motivated, forward thinking parents to get involved. We rely on dedicated parents and teachers to ensure that we have a successful year of events and fundraising for our schools. Please consider volunteering an hour or two of your time.
Not only will your child and school reap the benefits of your involvement — you will, too. You will put your skills to use and learn some new ones, make new friends, and get a firsthand understanding of your child’s daily activities.
Can you offer even just one hour? We would love to have you as a PTSA volunteer!!
- Communications – Assist the PTSA with our communications efforts, including the PTSA website, the newsletter, communications to parents, design flyers, and make phone calls as needed.
- Community Outreach – Assist with coordinating volunteer efforts for students and parents to receive service hours.
- Environmental – Give a hand with the PTSA's vegetable plot at the Roosevelt Community Garden. You can lead a workshop with students or help plant and harvest the vegetables.
- Family Engagement – Help identify ways to engage our families and coordinate activities for families to come together.
- Legislation – Help coordinate our annual legislative activities such a Voter Registration Drive, as well as help with communication of the legislative news during the year
- Volunteer Coordinator – Coordinate PTSA activities for students and parents to volunteer, identify local partners who offer volunteer opportunities and collaborate with the district to organize and prepare reports and letters as needed.
- Hispanic Liaison - Coordinate meetings and activities to help identify and address the needs unique needs of the growing Hispanic community.
- Hospitality Committee – Join the Hospitality Committee to help plan and organize various events such as back to school breakfast for new parents, Teacher Appreciation Week activities, etc.
- Membership Committee - The membership committee is responsible for developing and implementing an annual membership campaign to attract and retain members. Duties will include, but not limited to, promoting membership throughout the year, collecting dues, distributing membership cards, reporting on membership at PTSA meetings, maintaining a list of members, updating as new members are enrolled, and promoting member benefits to give added value to PTA membership.
- Senior Scholarship Committee – Help coordinate our annual Senior Scholarship Program which includes promoting the program, gathering entries for judgment, and prepare certificates for winning students.
- Nominating Committee - Throughout the year, the nominating committee is tasked with identifying talented, motivated and responsible individuals to serve as officers of our PTSA This committee is comprised of an odd number and no fewer than three members; at least two of the committee members are current board members and at least one committee member is a member of the local PTA who does not serve on the board.
If there's something you would like to assist with, but it's not listed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Join a committee:
- Membership Committee - Contact Nicole Rivera
The membership committee is responsible for developing and implementing an annual membership campaign to attract and retain members. Duties will include, but not limited to, promoting membership throughout the year, collecting dues, distributing membership cards, reporting on membership at PTSA meetings, maintaining a list of members, updating as new members are enrolled, and promoting member benefits to give added value to PTA membership.
- Communications - Contact Andrea Milwood
The communications committee is focused on implementing strategies to create awareness for the organization within the school and community, increase membership, improve communications between PTSA and families, keep parents and students connected and work with community organizations and leaders to create awareness for programs & activities that benefit our greater community. Communications volunteers will help write blogs for the website/newsletter/monthly emails, use social media platforms such as Facebook or Instagram, and maintain and improve the website so the information accessible is relevant and current.